Boater Certification Classes Available | News
TONAWANDA, NY – Swiftwater Power Squadron invites local boaters and jet skiers to join their five week America’s Boating Course/Jet Ski Certification Class beginning Thursday, January 13, 2011 at the Elk’s Lodge #860, on Main & Sweeney Streets in North Tonawanda.
This five week course is open to individuals age 14 and up, and is held each Thursday from 7:15 pm to 9:30 pm until February 10th and is designed to provide the skills needed to pilot any watercraft including power and sailboats, jet skis, jet boats, and personal watercraft.
Topics will include watercraft handling, docking, anchoring, navigation rules, navigational aids, required equipment, and state and federal regulations.
Participants in the Squadron Boating Course will be awarded a NYS Boating Safety Certificate and a NYS ID card upon successful completion.
For more information call: Ken Brown (692-2159) or John Dial (837-6511).
Upcoming Events near Tonawandas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- LYNDONVILLE'S L.A. WEBBER MIDDLE HIGH SCHOOL RANKED AS ONE OF THE BEST HIGH SCHOOLS BY U.S. NEWS
- Lineup Announced For Latitude 43 Music Festival
- Police rescue man trapped on Niagara Gorge
- Mount St. Mary’s receives "Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award" for Stroke Care
- Hockey Fans Heading to London for 11-day FanFest Event