Boater Certification Classes Available | News
TONAWANDA, NY – Swiftwater Power Squadron invites local boaters and jet skiers to join their five week America’s Boating Course/Jet Ski Certification Class beginning Thursday, January 13, 2011 at the Elk’s Lodge #860, on Main & Sweeney Streets in North Tonawanda.
This five week course is open to individuals age 14 and up, and is held each Thursday from 7:15 pm to 9:30 pm until February 10th and is designed to provide the skills needed to pilot any watercraft including power and sailboats, jet skis, jet boats, and personal watercraft.
Topics will include watercraft handling, docking, anchoring, navigation rules, navigational aids, required equipment, and state and federal regulations.
Participants in the Squadron Boating Course will be awarded a NYS Boating Safety Certificate and a NYS ID card upon successful completion.
For more information call: Ken Brown (692-2159) or John Dial (837-6511).
Upcoming Events near Tonawandas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- The Battle of Scajaquada Creek Bridge Commemoration August 3
- Drums Along the Waterfront to Offer Free Shuttle Bus Service
- Seven Local High Schools to Host Drums Along the Waterfront Corps
- Italian Festival starts Thursday on Hertel Avenue
- The Pasta Peddler, Blackbird Sweets to Occupy Larger Hertel Avenue Location