URGENT: Flash Flood Warning Until 10:15 Broome County |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
...A FLASH FLOOD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1015 PM EDT FOR
NORTHWESTERN BROOME COUNTY...
AT 637 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED
THAT THE HEAVIEST RAIN HAS MOVED TO THE EAST WITH ONLY A FEW
LIGHTER RAIN SHOWERS EXPECTED FOR THE REST OF THE EVENING.
SIGNIFICANT FLASH FLOODING WAS REPORTED IN AND AROUND THE CENTER
LISLE AREA OF NORTHWEST BROOME COUNTY WHERE RADAR ESTIMATED UP TO 7
INCHES OF RAIN HAS FALLEN. THERE WERE NUMEROUS ROAD CLOSURES,
ROAD WASHOUTS AND SEVERAL HOMES THAT WERE SURROUNDED BY WATER.
SEVERAL CREEKS INCLUDING DUDLEY CREEK WERE FLOODING. THERE WAS A
REPORT OF A TRAILER PARK THAT WAS BEING EVACUATED.
* LOCATIONS IN THE WARNING INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO LISLE AND
RUNOFF FROM THE HEAVY RAINFALL EARLIER TODAY WILL CONTINUE TO CAUSE
FLASH FLOODING IN NORTHERN BROOME COUNTY UNTIL LATE THIS EVENING.
WHEN YOU CAN DO SO SAFELY...PLEASE REPORT FLOODING TO THE NATIONAL
WEATHER SERVICE BY CALLING TOLL FREE AT 1-888-603-1402...OR BY EMAIL
DO NOT DRIVE YOUR VEHICLE INTO AREAS WHERE THE WATER COVERS THE
ROADWAY. THE WATER DEPTH MAY BE TOO GREAT TO ALLOW YOUR CAR TO CROSS
SAFELY. MOVE TO HIGHER GROUND.
Upcoming Events near Tonawandas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Mount St. Mary’s & Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center take to ice to support cancer research
- Second Annual Poverty Conference Brings Community Together To Advocate For The Poor
- Local Leaders to Discuss Using Social Media for Business at “Perfect Pairings"
- Air Base Supporters Have Influential Advocate
- A high-speed police chase through the streets of Niagara Falls early Sunday morning ended in a fatal crash for the driver of the pursued vehicle.