Crowley Webb Works Around the Clock for You and Who | Arts & Culture
Crowley Webb, a full-service advertising agency in Buffalo, NY, just completed 25 straight hours of work for Twenty-Five Hour Workday contest winner, You and Who.
Crowley Webb created the contest to celebrate their 25th anniversary in 2011. The aim was to give away a free marketing campaign to a worthy startup in Western New York. The agency received more than 40 entries, which they narrowed to three finalists who were charged with getting votes on Crowley Webb’s website. After 15,000 votes were cast, You and Who was named the winner. You and Who works with artists from around the country to design custom t-shirts. For each shirt sold, the company donates matching items to organizations that help those in need.
The day began at 9am, with a kickoff meeting with You and Who. Rough ideas were presented for approval at 6pm and then the night shift began. The public was able to view the events live on crowleywebb.com, as well as keep up to date on Twitter, Facebook, and Flickr.
But it wasn’t all work and no play. Throughout the day and night, the hardworking ad agency employees were treated to meals prepared by local restaurants including breakfast from Armor Inn Tap Room in Orchard Park, lunch from Lloyd Taco Truck, and dinner from Curley’s in Lackawanna. In addition, a yoga class provided by Evolation kept everyone’s blood flowing. There was even a midnight run with four-time Chase Corporate Challenge winner and Crowley Webb copywriter Chris Muldoon.
The ad campaign prize included a marketing strategy, creative concepts and executions, website consultation, and media strategy. You and Who will also receive a full-page ad in an upcoming issue of Business First. The publication partnered with Crowley Webb for the contest.
Founded in 1986, Crowley Webb continues its growth as one of America’s hardest working advertising agencies. For more information, call (716) 856-2932 or visit www.crowleywebb.com or www.facebook.com/crowleywebb.
Twenty Five Hour Workday Timeline Overview
Crowley Webb celebrates its 25th Anniversary - 8/2/11
Crowley Webb announces the Twenty Five Hour Workday Contest - 8/31/11
Contest begins. Local start up businesses are encouraged to submit an application at www.crowleywebb.com/25 - 9/5/11 (Labor Day)
Crowley Webbpromotes the contest through print, email, digital and social media. The agency also reaches out to local business incubators and equips them with posters and flyers to promote the contest. - September - October 2011
Open contest ends - 10/31/11
Crowley Webb reviews all entries against judging criteria - 10/31/11 – 11/4/11
Crowley Webb narrows it down to three semi-finalists Semi-finalists encourage their networks to votefor them at www.crowleywebb.com/25 - 11/7/11
Voting portion of the contest period - 11/14/11 -12/4/11
15,000 votes later, the contest ends and votes are tallied - 12/5/11
Crowley Webb announces the official winner, buy-one-give-one t-shirt company You and Who - 12/6/11
Crowley Webb and You and Who meet to discuss objectives - 1/12/12
Twenty Five Hour Workday begins - 1/26/12 9 AM
Crowley Webb presents concepts to You and Who - 1/26/12 6 PM
Execution of approved concept - 1/26/12 7 PM – 9 AM
Formal presentation to You and Who - 1/27/12 9 AM
Twenty Five Hour Workday ends - 1/27/12 10 AM
Highlights of the 25 hours:
· 40+ advertising professionals feverishly working toward a common goal
· A live camera feed on crowleywebb.com
· Up-to-the minute blogging and tweeting
· In office massages and yoga instruction to keep the creative juices flowing
· A war room
· A reality-TV-like confessional
· Pillow fight breaks
· Coffee/Red Bull bar
· Ping pong games
· A formal presentation delivered at 9am on Friday, the 27th
Upcoming Events near Tonawandas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- The Battle of Scajaquada Creek Bridge Commemoration August 3
- Drums Along the Waterfront to Offer Free Shuttle Bus Service
- Seven Local High Schools to Host Drums Along the Waterfront Corps
- Italian Festival starts Thursday on Hertel Avenue
- The Pasta Peddler, Blackbird Sweets to Occupy Larger Hertel Avenue Location