City of Toronto Launching Public Consultation on Casinos | Business
The City of Toronto is launching a website to promote public consultation on the possible establishment of a casino in Toronto according to a statement distributed by the City. Community open houses for public consultation will start the second week of January.
The website, which includes the consultation plan and links to background reports, and will provide opportunities to comment in January, is available at http://www.toronto.ca/casinoconsultation.
The consultation will gather input, including the public's views and opinions on a casino generally, on possible locations for a casino, and what the public would like Council to consider when making a decision on this matter. The consultation plan encourages public learning and discussion by providing clear information and questions as well as opportunities to participate online and in person.
The consultation will also include workbooks that will be produced and distributed at public meetings and online, and will provide summary information as well as the same questions as the online feedback form. In addition, there will be community open houses and discussions across the city at various times and days of the week, which will give people opportunities to learn more about the process and issues, talk with City staff, join discussion groups and offer their feedback.
Community discussion locations and times:
- • Wednesday, January 9: City Hall Rotunda, Toronto City Hall, 100 Queen St. W, 6 to 9 p.m.
- • Saturday, January 12: North York Memorial Hall, 5110 Yonge St., 1 to 4 p.m.
- • Monday, January 14: Etobicoke Olympium Gymnasium, 590 Rathburn Rd., 6 to 9 p.m.
- • Thursday, January 17: Scarborough Civic Centre Rotunda, 150 Borough Dr., 6 to 9 p.m.
- • Saturday, January 19: Bluma Appel Salon at Reference Library, 789 Yonge St., 1 to 4 p.m.
All Torontonians - whether they attend a community discussion or not - are encouraged to fill out the online feedback form when available in January. A report on the public's comments will be made available online after the consultation is complete and provided to City Manager Joe Pennachetti to assist in the preparation of his report to Toronto's Executive Committee in March 2013.
The City Manager will consider the findings of the public consultations in preparing a report on the matter of a possible casino. The City's Executive Committee is expected to consider the report in March. In November, the Executive Committee requested that the City Manager seek the public's input on the establishment of a new casino in Toronto.
Upcoming Events near Tonawandas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Cartagena guilty of other charges in death of daughter
- Quilt Seminar, 5K Run Headline September Events at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Daemen Grant to Establish Fitness Program for Individuals With Disabilities, Educate Trainers
- Daemen Associate Athletic Director Named to 30 Under Thirty
- Free Summer Concert on Terrace 8/20
- Niagara Falls Police looking for missing 14 year old
- Niagara Wheatfield Transportation Department Prepares Kindergartners for First Day
- Orleans/Niagara BOCES Welding Program Bike Racks Unveiled in Medina
- Lewiston police arrest accused home invader
- Orleans/Niagara BOCES LPN students first in country to receive new certification