Meet the New Peregrine Falcons At Central Terminal | Environment
Meet Alfreda and her sister Wagner...Buffalo, New York's two new peregrine falcons.
On Sunday, June 24, 2012 the Department of Environmental Conservation tagged and banded two chicks who reside on the 10th floor of Buffalo Central Terminal in the Historic Polonia District. The chicks were named after the two architects of Buffalo Central Terminal, Alfred Fellheimer (1875–1959) and Steward Wagner (1886–1958).
Buffalo Central Terminal has hosted a nest box for rare peregrines since 2010.
Upcoming Events near Tonawandas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- FLAMES ACROSS NIAGARA Bonfire commemorating the burning of Black Rock & Buffalo 200 years ago
- Nichols School students sign letters of intent to play Division I and II sports
- GIFTS OF ART for the HOLIDAYS opening at Artsphere Studio & Gallery
- Senator Mark Grisanti Receives ‘Boys And Girls Town of Italy’ Man Of The Year Award
- Senator Grisanti Named ‘Men Moving Forward’ Award Recipient