Meet the New Peregrine Falcons At Central Terminal | Environment
Meet Alfreda and her sister Wagner...Buffalo, New York's two new peregrine falcons.
On Sunday, June 24, 2012 the Department of Environmental Conservation tagged and banded two chicks who reside on the 10th floor of Buffalo Central Terminal in the Historic Polonia District. The chicks were named after the two architects of Buffalo Central Terminal, Alfred Fellheimer (1875–1959) and Steward Wagner (1886–1958).
Buffalo Central Terminal has hosted a nest box for rare peregrines since 2010.
Upcoming Events near Tonawandas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Cartagena guilty of other charges in death of daughter
- Quilt Seminar, 5K Run Headline September Events at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Daemen Grant to Establish Fitness Program for Individuals With Disabilities, Educate Trainers
- Daemen Associate Athletic Director Named to 30 Under Thirty
- Free Summer Concert on Terrace 8/20