Meet the New Peregrine Falcons At Central Terminal | Environment
Meet Alfreda and her sister Wagner...Buffalo, New York's two new peregrine falcons.
On Sunday, June 24, 2012 the Department of Environmental Conservation tagged and banded two chicks who reside on the 10th floor of Buffalo Central Terminal in the Historic Polonia District. The chicks were named after the two architects of Buffalo Central Terminal, Alfred Fellheimer (1875–1959) and Steward Wagner (1886–1958).
Buffalo Central Terminal has hosted a nest box for rare peregrines since 2010.
Upcoming Events near Tonawandas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Air Base Supporters Have Influential Advocate
- A high-speed police chase through the streets of Niagara Falls early Sunday morning ended in a fatal crash for the driver of the pursued vehicle.
- Police Investigate Death In Lockport
- ORLEANS/NIAGARA BOCES EARNS NATIONAL TOP HONORS IN 2014 MAGNA AWARDS
- Cause of Water Line Break Found