Christmas Masses Planned for Diocesan Cemeteries | Events
Special Christmas Masses will be celebrated at four diocesan Catholic cemeteries, continuing a tradition that dates back three decades.
On Wednesday, Dec. 26, Masses will be celebrated at 5:30 p.m. at Resurrection Chapel Mausoleum in Mount Olivet Cemetery in Kenmore with Msgr. Francis G. Weldgen presiding. Msgr. Thomas J. Moran will preside at All Saints Chapel Mausoleum in Gate of Heaven Cemetery, in Lewiston.
Masses will be celebrated on Thursday, Dec. 27, at 5:30 p.m. at Holy Cross Chapel Mausoleum in Holy Cross Cemetery, Lackawanna, with Father Robert M. Yetter as celebrant. Father Louis S. Klein will celebrate the Mass at St. Francis of Assisi Chapel Mausoleum in Holy Sepulchre Cemetery in Cheektowaga.
“These Masses are a special opportunity for people to gather, remember and pray for their loved ones who have entered eternal rest,” said Carmen A. Colao, director of Catholic Cemeteries for the Diocese of Buffalo.
For more information, call 873-6500.
The Catholic Cemeteries of the Diocese of Buffalo carry out the sacred religious function of the burial of the deceased. Believing in the sanctity of the human body, the resurrection and eternal life, we are dedicated to the respectful care of the people of God who even in death remain a part of the entire Christian community.
Upcoming Events near Tonawandas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- FLAMES ACROSS NIAGARA Bonfire commemorating the burning of Black Rock & Buffalo 200 years ago
- Nichols School students sign letters of intent to play Division I and II sports
- GIFTS OF ART for the HOLIDAYS opening at Artsphere Studio & Gallery
- Senator Mark Grisanti Receives ‘Boys And Girls Town of Italy’ Man Of The Year Award
- Senator Grisanti Named ‘Men Moving Forward’ Award Recipient