SWAT Team Resolves "Hostage Situation" in Tonawanda | News
TONAWANDA, N.Y. - Town of Tonawanda Police responded to a home Sunday morning for what they believed might have been a "hostage situation."
Police were called to 138 Findlay Avenue around 5:45 a.m. for a domestic disturbance. Patricia Morales told 2 On Your Side her son is in the military, and she says he's suffering from post traumatic stress syndrome.
Morales says her son who was drunk at the time was pounding the walls inside the home with his fists and was throwing some clothes around.
The SWAT Team was called in when officers on the scene were unable to get into contact with the suspect.
Negotiators were finally able to speak with the man, who then exited the home. He was placed under arrest without incident.
Morales says the whole incident was blown out of proportion when the SWAT Team arrived.
"I was very devastated. I was scared. I was angry. There was too many people. That was unnecessary, but I respect them because they didn't know what was going on and I don't hold it against the police for doing their job. I thank them but I only wanted was on officer to help me," said Morales.
He has been charged with Criminal Mischief and was taken to ECMC to be evaluated.
Upcoming Events near Tonawandas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Mount St. Mary’s & Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center take to ice to support cancer research
- Second Annual Poverty Conference Brings Community Together To Advocate For The Poor
- Local Leaders to Discuss Using Social Media for Business at “Perfect Pairings"
- Air Base Supporters Have Influential Advocate
- A high-speed police chase through the streets of Niagara Falls early Sunday morning ended in a fatal crash for the driver of the pursued vehicle.