Couple, Dog Hit by Car in North Tonawanda | News
NORTH TONAWANDA, NY - North Tonawanda Police tell 2 On Your Side that three people were taken to the hospital with serious injuries and another is facing several charges.
The accident happened just after 11:30pm on Wednesday night. Police say a man lost control of his car near the intersection of Oliver and Sweeney Streets in North Tonawanda. The car went onto a walkway, hitting two people who were walking their two dogs and then the car went into the canal.
A female pedestrian, Darnell Brady, 42, suffered serious injuries. She is currently at ECMC. A friend walking with her, Renaldo Parker suffered minor injuries. North Tonawanda Police officials say Parker is a Buffalo Firefighter, who was off-duty at the time of the accident. He administered first aid to Brady until rescue crews arrived.
The dog was killed in the accident.
The driver, Anthony Regalla, 47, is charged with vehicular assault and felony DWI.
Upcoming Events near Tonawandas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- The Battle of Scajaquada Creek Bridge Commemoration August 3
- Drums Along the Waterfront to Offer Free Shuttle Bus Service
- Seven Local High Schools to Host Drums Along the Waterfront Corps
- Italian Festival starts Thursday on Hertel Avenue
- The Pasta Peddler, Blackbird Sweets to Occupy Larger Hertel Avenue Location