Couple, Dog Hit by Car in North Tonawanda | News
NORTH TONAWANDA, NY - North Tonawanda Police tell 2 On Your Side that three people were taken to the hospital with serious injuries and another is facing several charges.
The accident happened just after 11:30pm on Wednesday night. Police say a man lost control of his car near the intersection of Oliver and Sweeney Streets in North Tonawanda. The car went onto a walkway, hitting two people who were walking their two dogs and then the car went into the canal.
A female pedestrian, Darnell Brady, 42, suffered serious injuries. She is currently at ECMC. A friend walking with her, Renaldo Parker suffered minor injuries. North Tonawanda Police officials say Parker is a Buffalo Firefighter, who was off-duty at the time of the accident. He administered first aid to Brady until rescue crews arrived.
The dog was killed in the accident.
The driver, Anthony Regalla, 47, is charged with vehicular assault and felony DWI.
Upcoming Events near Tonawandas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tickets for 3rd Annual Wine & Beer Fest at Kenan Center On Sale
- Plans to Improve Niagara Falls Unveiled Tonight
- NIAGARA ACADEMY STUDENTS REACH OUT TO AREA VETERANS TO CELEBRATE HOLIDAYS
- Local Pastor Hopes to Share His Inspirational Message Across WNY
- Award-winning Singer Bringing Christmas Show to Nearby London
- FLAMES ACROSS NIAGARA Bonfire commemorating the burning of Black Rock & Buffalo 200 years ago
- Nichols School students sign letters of intent to play Division I and II sports
- GIFTS OF ART for the HOLIDAYS opening at Artsphere Studio & Gallery
- Senator Mark Grisanti Receives ‘Boys And Girls Town of Italy’ Man Of The Year Award
- Senator Grisanti Named ‘Men Moving Forward’ Award Recipient