Ken-Ton Board Starts Consolidation Study | News
KENMORE, NY-- The Kenmore-Town of Tonawanda Union Free School District is taking the first step toward exploring their consolidation options.
The Ken-Ton District has hired an outside firm to study all aspects of their school district, from instruction to staff to physical buildings, to come up with some recommendations for the Board of Education to consider on how the district can move forward in the years to come.
"We 're OK now, we're holding on," said Superintendent Mark Mondanaro. "But look at what we've had to do to do it?" he continued.
"We've made a lot of reductions, a lot of them frankly we would not have wanted to make. And we're at the point where, what else is left? Physical assets is what's left," he added.
The Superintendent said all districts are challenged with a new economy due to tax cap regulations, the downturn in state aid increases and rising pension costs.
The study is expected to be completed in May.
Upcoming Events near Tonawandas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- The Battle of Scajaquada Creek Bridge Commemoration August 3
- Drums Along the Waterfront to Offer Free Shuttle Bus Service
- Seven Local High Schools to Host Drums Along the Waterfront Corps
- Italian Festival starts Thursday on Hertel Avenue
- The Pasta Peddler, Blackbird Sweets to Occupy Larger Hertel Avenue Location