Ken-Ton Board Starts Consolidation Study | News
KENMORE, NY-- The Kenmore-Town of Tonawanda Union Free School District is taking the first step toward exploring their consolidation options.
The Ken-Ton District has hired an outside firm to study all aspects of their school district, from instruction to staff to physical buildings, to come up with some recommendations for the Board of Education to consider on how the district can move forward in the years to come.
"We 're OK now, we're holding on," said Superintendent Mark Mondanaro. "But look at what we've had to do to do it?" he continued.
"We've made a lot of reductions, a lot of them frankly we would not have wanted to make. And we're at the point where, what else is left? Physical assets is what's left," he added.
The Superintendent said all districts are challenged with a new economy due to tax cap regulations, the downturn in state aid increases and rising pension costs.
The study is expected to be completed in May.
Upcoming Events near Tonawandas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- FLAMES ACROSS NIAGARA Bonfire commemorating the burning of Black Rock & Buffalo 200 years ago
- Nichols School students sign letters of intent to play Division I and II sports
- GIFTS OF ART for the HOLIDAYS opening at Artsphere Studio & Gallery
- Senator Mark Grisanti Receives ‘Boys And Girls Town of Italy’ Man Of The Year Award
- Senator Grisanti Named ‘Men Moving Forward’ Award Recipient