Preparing for the Taste of Grand Island | News
GRAND ISLAND, NY -- If you live on Grand Island, you may have noticed a new mural being painted on the back of a rather unattractive building.
The Town is preparing for the first ever Taste of Grand Island and there was some sprucing up that needed to be done.
They're not quite done, but so far it looks fancy and fabulous.
The event is the brainchild of one person, Corey McGowen.
McGowen put the entire event together -- with some help from volunteers -- which will include over 70 vendors; restaurants, wineries, crafts and more.
Before the taste, comes the mural.
The back of the old Grand Island Plaza needed a face lift.
The perfect person to paint it turned out to be a former resident.
Terry Klarren moved to Tampa with his wife around 40 years ago. He is back to help with this project. Klarren also helped to get the paint, thank to another former Islander! The Art Deko Paint Company donated the paint and owner, Stan -- who is from the Island -- was the reason.
The mural is looking good, but a bit more help is needed. For more information on how you can help, you can call Corey at 341-1040.
The Taste of Grand Island will be held on Saturday, October 13th from 11-7 at the Grand Island Plaza.
Upcoming Events near Tonawandas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- The Battle of Scajaquada Creek Bridge Commemoration August 3
- Drums Along the Waterfront to Offer Free Shuttle Bus Service
- Seven Local High Schools to Host Drums Along the Waterfront Corps
- Italian Festival starts Thursday on Hertel Avenue
- The Pasta Peddler, Blackbird Sweets to Occupy Larger Hertel Avenue Location