Tonawanda Race Keeps Growing | News
It was a decent day for the Lindsay's Legacy 5K race Saturday morning around Clinton Park in Tonawanda.
The race is in memory of Linsday MacIver, who died of a rare childhood cancer at the age of 21. The annual run raises funds for childhood cancer research.
The race started eight years ago with a couple hundred runners and this year that number is now up to a couple thousand runners making it a top 5K race in Western New York.
Upcoming Events near Tonawandas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- The Battle of Scajaquada Creek Bridge Commemoration August 3
- Drums Along the Waterfront to Offer Free Shuttle Bus Service
- Seven Local High Schools to Host Drums Along the Waterfront Corps
- Italian Festival starts Thursday on Hertel Avenue
- The Pasta Peddler, Blackbird Sweets to Occupy Larger Hertel Avenue Location