Tonawanda Race Keeps Growing | News
It was a decent day for the Lindsay's Legacy 5K race Saturday morning around Clinton Park in Tonawanda.
The race is in memory of Linsday MacIver, who died of a rare childhood cancer at the age of 21. The annual run raises funds for childhood cancer research.
The race started eight years ago with a couple hundred runners and this year that number is now up to a couple thousand runners making it a top 5K race in Western New York.
Upcoming Events near Tonawandas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Three Sent to Hospital after Accident on Millersport Highway
- Buffalo’s Economic Resurgence Focus of Mayor’s Daemen Lecture
- Cartagena guilty of other charges in death of daughter
- Quilt Seminar, 5K Run Headline September Events at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Daemen Grant to Establish Fitness Program for Individuals With Disabilities, Educate Trainers