Old Spaulding Fibre Site Ready for Business | News
TONAWANDA, N.Y. -- A site that used to represent hundreds of jobs that were lost in the City of Tonawanda is now open for business.
The buildings have come down at the 47-acre Spaulding Fibre site. While many might see some flat, empty land, leaders see opportunity.
After eight years of contamination clean-up, there's now a new sewer system, pavement, and it's ready to become a business park.
Assemblyman Robin Schimminger says businesses looking to set up shop there are eligible for state tax credits.
Upcoming Events near Tonawandas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- The Battle of Scajaquada Creek Bridge Commemoration August 3
- Drums Along the Waterfront to Offer Free Shuttle Bus Service
- Seven Local High Schools to Host Drums Along the Waterfront Corps
- Italian Festival starts Thursday on Hertel Avenue
- The Pasta Peddler, Blackbird Sweets to Occupy Larger Hertel Avenue Location