Theater Benefit: Memories of "A Christmas Story" | News
(North Tonawanda, NY) A holiday tradition came to life in a way with a unique event at a unique theater in North Tonawanda.
With a1940's era fire truck bearing Santa and some friends, the restored Riviera Theater hosted a showing of the classic film..."A Christmas Story"...with the presence of former child actor Ian Petrella. In 1983, at the age of eight, he played Randy Parker, the little brother of main character Ralphie.
Petrella spoke of the symbolism of the now popular movie made in 1983 and how it applies to cherished memories of family life. Petrella says "That's one of the things a lot of people tell me is that was my childhood you know...I wore a snowsuit like that. I wanted a B-B gun as a kid. That was my Dad. And I got along good...my brother and I got along and didn't get along the same way as you and Ralphie didn't get along."
The showing of the film served as a benefit for the Riviera Theater and the Sweeney Hose Fire Company of North Tonawanda.
Upcoming Events near Tonawandas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- The Battle of Scajaquada Creek Bridge Commemoration August 3
- Drums Along the Waterfront to Offer Free Shuttle Bus Service
- Seven Local High Schools to Host Drums Along the Waterfront Corps
- Italian Festival starts Thursday on Hertel Avenue
- The Pasta Peddler, Blackbird Sweets to Occupy Larger Hertel Avenue Location