No Decision Yet in Garbage Picking Case | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. - A Buffalo man who was cited for garbage picking in the Town of Tonawanda will have to wait to see if a judge will throw out the case.
67-year-old Donald DalFonso said the town's law is too vague on what is and isn't fair game for scrap collectors.
DalFonso was ticketed in October for illegally taking garbage on a town street. DalFonso wants the case dismissed.
"I tell them I'm an American and my rights are being discriminated," DalFonso said. "I'm being harassed and I'm being bullied and everything like that. They told me to stay out of the town."
On Wednesday night, the town judge said he would issue a written decision on the case soon. DalFonso's attorney said he will motion for a bench trial if the judge's decision does not result in dismissal.
Upcoming Events near Tonawandas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- The Battle of Scajaquada Creek Bridge Commemoration August 3
- Drums Along the Waterfront to Offer Free Shuttle Bus Service
- Seven Local High Schools to Host Drums Along the Waterfront Corps
- Italian Festival starts Thursday on Hertel Avenue
- The Pasta Peddler, Blackbird Sweets to Occupy Larger Hertel Avenue Location