No Decision Yet in Garbage Picking Case | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. - A Buffalo man who was cited for garbage picking in the Town of Tonawanda will have to wait to see if a judge will throw out the case.
67-year-old Donald DalFonso said the town's law is too vague on what is and isn't fair game for scrap collectors.
DalFonso was ticketed in October for illegally taking garbage on a town street. DalFonso wants the case dismissed.
"I tell them I'm an American and my rights are being discriminated," DalFonso said. "I'm being harassed and I'm being bullied and everything like that. They told me to stay out of the town."
On Wednesday night, the town judge said he would issue a written decision on the case soon. DalFonso's attorney said he will motion for a bench trial if the judge's decision does not result in dismissal.
Upcoming Events near Tonawandas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tickets for 3rd Annual Wine & Beer Fest at Kenan Center On Sale
- Plans to Improve Niagara Falls Unveiled Tonight
- NIAGARA ACADEMY STUDENTS REACH OUT TO AREA VETERANS TO CELEBRATE HOLIDAYS
- Local Pastor Hopes to Share His Inspirational Message Across WNY
- Award-winning Singer Bringing Christmas Show to Nearby London
- FLAMES ACROSS NIAGARA Bonfire commemorating the burning of Black Rock & Buffalo 200 years ago
- Nichols School students sign letters of intent to play Division I and II sports
- GIFTS OF ART for the HOLIDAYS opening at Artsphere Studio & Gallery
- Senator Mark Grisanti Receives ‘Boys And Girls Town of Italy’ Man Of The Year Award
- Senator Grisanti Named ‘Men Moving Forward’ Award Recipient