St. Joe's 56 Aquinas 49 | News
KENMORE, N.Y.-In a Saturday matinee at St. Joe's the Marauders beat Aquinas out of Section 5 Rochester 68-46. A 19-0 third quarter run keyed the St. Joe's victory.
Marauders head coach Mark Simon told Two On Your Side's Stu Boyar "we were down 37-30 and then had a 19-0 run. It was an amazing thing to see. We did a lot of good things. We rebounded better and played better defense."
Senior # 3 Jaylen Morris led St. Joe's with 24 points. Another senior, # 30 Louis Oliveri had 11 for the Marauders. Aquinas was led by # 12 junior Kyron Allen who finished with 15 points.
With the win St. Joe's improves to 6-1 on the season. Simon told Stu "the key to the 19-0 run was rebounding. They killed us on the boards in the first half. Morris had 11 points in the third quarter. Our team played great. For us to have a 6-1 record at this point is fantastic but we still have a lot of work to do. I like the way we're getting better at both ends of the floor."
Former St. Joe's quarterback Chad Kelly, now at Clemson, was seen talking to athletic director Peter Schneider before the game.
Upcoming Events near Tonawandas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- The Battle of Scajaquada Creek Bridge Commemoration August 3
- Drums Along the Waterfront to Offer Free Shuttle Bus Service
- Seven Local High Schools to Host Drums Along the Waterfront Corps
- Italian Festival starts Thursday on Hertel Avenue
- The Pasta Peddler, Blackbird Sweets to Occupy Larger Hertel Avenue Location