Man Beaten at NY Assisted Living Facility Dies | News
TONAWANDA, N.Y. (AP/WGRZ) - Authorities say an 86-year-old man beaten in a Buffalo-area assisted living facility by his elderly roommate has died.
Police in the town of Tonawanda say that Salvatore "Sam" Trusello was attacked by 87-year-old Chester Rusek on Nov. 26 at the Kenwell DePaul Senior Living Community. Officials say Trusello was beaten with a 21/2-pound magnet.
Police and Trusello's family say he died Thursday at Erie County Medical Center in Buffalo. An autopsy was scheduled for Friday to determine whether Trusello's death was connected to the beating.
Town of Tonawanda Police say that Trusello and Rusek were roommates at the home.
The Erie County District Attorney's Office says the case will be presented to a grand jury.
Rusek is in jail, charged with assault and criminal possession of a weapon. It wasn't initially known if he has a lawyer.
Upcoming Events near Tonawandas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Air Base Supporters Have Influential Advocate
- A high-speed police chase through the streets of Niagara Falls early Sunday morning ended in a fatal crash for the driver of the pursued vehicle.
- Police Investigate Death In Lockport
- ORLEANS/NIAGARA BOCES EARNS NATIONAL TOP HONORS IN 2014 MAGNA AWARDS
- Cause of Water Line Break Found