Man Beaten at NY Assisted Living Facility Dies | News
TONAWANDA, N.Y. (AP/WGRZ) - Authorities say an 86-year-old man beaten in a Buffalo-area assisted living facility by his elderly roommate has died.
Police in the town of Tonawanda say that Salvatore "Sam" Trusello was attacked by 87-year-old Chester Rusek on Nov. 26 at the Kenwell DePaul Senior Living Community. Officials say Trusello was beaten with a 21/2-pound magnet.
Police and Trusello's family say he died Thursday at Erie County Medical Center in Buffalo. An autopsy was scheduled for Friday to determine whether Trusello's death was connected to the beating.
Town of Tonawanda Police say that Trusello and Rusek were roommates at the home.
The Erie County District Attorney's Office says the case will be presented to a grand jury.
Rusek is in jail, charged with assault and criminal possession of a weapon. It wasn't initially known if he has a lawyer.
Upcoming Events near Tonawandas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Lockport Police Investigate North Park Threat
- Niagara Wheatfield's Errick Road Elementary Helps Out Olivia's Bears
- BOCES Students Learn Eye-Opening Facts on Domestic Violence
- Seneca Niagara Casino Celebrates Grand Opening of Major Sections of $26 Million Transformation
- Tickets for 3rd Annual Wine & Beer Fest at Kenan Center On Sale
- FLAMES ACROSS NIAGARA Bonfire commemorating the burning of Black Rock & Buffalo 200 years ago
- Nichols School students sign letters of intent to play Division I and II sports
- GIFTS OF ART for the HOLIDAYS opening at Artsphere Studio & Gallery
- Senator Mark Grisanti Receives ‘Boys And Girls Town of Italy’ Man Of The Year Award
- Senator Grisanti Named ‘Men Moving Forward’ Award Recipient