Man Beaten at NY Assisted Living Facility Dies | News
TONAWANDA, N.Y. (AP/WGRZ) - Authorities say an 86-year-old man beaten in a Buffalo-area assisted living facility by his elderly roommate has died.
Police in the town of Tonawanda say that Salvatore "Sam" Trusello was attacked by 87-year-old Chester Rusek on Nov. 26 at the Kenwell DePaul Senior Living Community. Officials say Trusello was beaten with a 21/2-pound magnet.
Police and Trusello's family say he died Thursday at Erie County Medical Center in Buffalo. An autopsy was scheduled for Friday to determine whether Trusello's death was connected to the beating.
Town of Tonawanda Police say that Trusello and Rusek were roommates at the home.
The Erie County District Attorney's Office says the case will be presented to a grand jury.
Rusek is in jail, charged with assault and criminal possession of a weapon. It wasn't initially known if he has a lawyer.
Upcoming Events near Tonawandas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- The Battle of Scajaquada Creek Bridge Commemoration August 3
- Drums Along the Waterfront to Offer Free Shuttle Bus Service
- Seven Local High Schools to Host Drums Along the Waterfront Corps
- Italian Festival starts Thursday on Hertel Avenue
- The Pasta Peddler, Blackbird Sweets to Occupy Larger Hertel Avenue Location