School Bus Hits Building; No Reports of Injuries | News
KENMORE, NY - A school bus hit a building Tuesday morning after officials say it was hit by another school bus.
No one was hurt, except for a few head bumps.
It happened around 8 AM at Military and Mang. Officials tell 2 On Your Side that a school bus was heading Northbound on Military Road when a bus turning from Mang Street hit the bus. The collision caused the northbound bus to crash into a building.
About 30 students, all from the Charter School for Applied Technologies, were aboard the bus turning onto Military from Mang. The other bus had just dropped off it's students at the school minutes earlier.
Military Road was closed for a portion of the morning, but has since re-opened.
One of the school bus drivers was ticketed for a moving violation.
A building inspector from the Village of Kenmore was called to the scene to look at the damaged building. It appears that it only sustained minor damage.
Upcoming Events near Tonawandas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- International Experts to Examine Crisis in Ukraine
- April Is Pet First Aid Awareness Month
- Drums Along the Waterfront Announces New Venue; Tickets Now Available
- Amherst Will Study Ending Lifetime Health Benefits for elected officials
- Vegetable, Fruit and Flower Share Programs Return to Farmers & Artisans
- Tractor-trailer carrying full load of new cars tips over in the Town of Niagara.
- Melissa Etheridge, ‘The Voice’ Live Tour Join Seneca Casinos Summer Rush Lineup
- Mount St. Mary’s Neighborhood Health Center & Fidelis Care partner for Infant Immunization Awareness
- Police Identify Lockport Fire Victims
- Arrest Made in Lockport Bar Stabbing