School Bus Hits Building; No Reports of Injuries | News
KENMORE, NY - A school bus hit a building Tuesday morning after officials say it was hit by another school bus.
No one was hurt, except for a few head bumps.
It happened around 8 AM at Military and Mang. Officials tell 2 On Your Side that a school bus was heading Northbound on Military Road when a bus turning from Mang Street hit the bus. The collision caused the northbound bus to crash into a building.
About 30 students, all from the Charter School for Applied Technologies, were aboard the bus turning onto Military from Mang. The other bus had just dropped off it's students at the school minutes earlier.
Military Road was closed for a portion of the morning, but has since re-opened.
One of the school bus drivers was ticketed for a moving violation.
A building inspector from the Village of Kenmore was called to the scene to look at the damaged building. It appears that it only sustained minor damage.
Upcoming Events near Tonawandas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Three Sent to Hospital after Accident on Millersport Highway
- Buffalo’s Economic Resurgence Focus of Mayor’s Daemen Lecture
- Cartagena guilty of other charges in death of daughter
- Quilt Seminar, 5K Run Headline September Events at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Daemen Grant to Establish Fitness Program for Individuals With Disabilities, Educate Trainers