School Bus Hits Building; No Reports of Injuries | News
KENMORE, NY - A school bus hit a building Tuesday morning after officials say it was hit by another school bus.
No one was hurt, except for a few head bumps.
It happened around 8 AM at Military and Mang. Officials tell 2 On Your Side that a school bus was heading Northbound on Military Road when a bus turning from Mang Street hit the bus. The collision caused the northbound bus to crash into a building.
About 30 students, all from the Charter School for Applied Technologies, were aboard the bus turning onto Military from Mang. The other bus had just dropped off it's students at the school minutes earlier.
Military Road was closed for a portion of the morning, but has since re-opened.
One of the school bus drivers was ticketed for a moving violation.
A building inspector from the Village of Kenmore was called to the scene to look at the damaged building. It appears that it only sustained minor damage.
Upcoming Events near Tonawandas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tickets for 3rd Annual Wine & Beer Fest at Kenan Center On Sale
- Plans to Improve Niagara Falls Unveiled Tonight
- NIAGARA ACADEMY STUDENTS REACH OUT TO AREA VETERANS TO CELEBRATE HOLIDAYS
- Local Pastor Hopes to Share His Inspirational Message Across WNY
- Award-winning Singer Bringing Christmas Show to Nearby London
- FLAMES ACROSS NIAGARA Bonfire commemorating the burning of Black Rock & Buffalo 200 years ago
- Nichols School students sign letters of intent to play Division I and II sports
- GIFTS OF ART for the HOLIDAYS opening at Artsphere Studio & Gallery
- Senator Mark Grisanti Receives ‘Boys And Girls Town of Italy’ Man Of The Year Award
- Senator Grisanti Named ‘Men Moving Forward’ Award Recipient