Town of Tonawanda Warns of Credit/Debit Card Breach | News
TOWN OF TONAWANDA, NY - Town of Tonawanda Police are warning people of a recent breach at a local merchant that could affect your bank account.
The department posted on their Facebook page Monday that they have received numerous complaints from residents in the past two weeks that some Key Bank credit card/debit card accounts may have been compromised.
2 On Your Side contacted Key Bank who said there was not a breach at Key Bank, but at an area merchant. They say Key Bank's systems are safe and secure. They could not identify the merchant, other than it was a fast food chain in the area. Sources have confirmed to us that the business the suspect to be at the center of the case is Ted's on Sheridan Drive.
They also point out that skimming and this type of theft can occur in a variety of ways and it is likely Ted's itself could be considered a victim in this case.
Key Bank says they are closely monitoring all potentially affected debit and credit cards in the area.
They say any Key Bank customer whose card may have been compromised will be contacted directly by Key Bank, by telephone. There is no charge to replace the card. Key Bank also has a hotline for you to call is you suspect fraudulent activity 1-800-KEY-2YOU.
Town of Tonawanda Police ask all residents to check their accounts. They say if you have any questions, you should contact your bank.
Upcoming Events near Tonawandas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- The Battle of Scajaquada Creek Bridge Commemoration August 3
- Drums Along the Waterfront to Offer Free Shuttle Bus Service
- Seven Local High Schools to Host Drums Along the Waterfront Corps
- Italian Festival starts Thursday on Hertel Avenue
- The Pasta Peddler, Blackbird Sweets to Occupy Larger Hertel Avenue Location