Police Pursuit in the Tonawandas | News
TONAWANDA, NY - A police pursuit that started in the City of Tonawanda ended in the Town of Tonawanda early Tuesday morning.
City of Tonawanda Police tell 2 On Your Side that a car driven by Jacob Bell, 55, of Buffalo flew by a City of Tonawanda Police officer that had been pulled over to stop another car for vehicle and traffic matter.
The officer gave chase after Bell towards the Town of Tonawanda.
Bell stopped at Delaware and Cantebury in the Town of Tonawanda, but refused to get out of the car. Officers say Bell took off again, crossing over numerous front lawns and ramming at patrol cars.
They say he struck a tree at Delaware and Zimmerman, knocked down several street signs and rammed patrol cars before finally coming to a stop on a resident's front lawn. He fled on foot, but was caught by police and placed in custody.
Bell faces several charges including:
- Improper plates
- Expired inspection
- Failture to yield to emergency vehicle
- Suspended license
- No insurance
- 2 cts. Attempted assault of a police officer
- 2 cts. Criminal mischief
Bell is expected to be arraigned in court today.
Upcoming Events near Tonawandas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Three Sent to Hospital after Accident on Millersport Highway
- Buffalo’s Economic Resurgence Focus of Mayor’s Daemen Lecture
- Cartagena guilty of other charges in death of daughter
- Quilt Seminar, 5K Run Headline September Events at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Daemen Grant to Establish Fitness Program for Individuals With Disabilities, Educate Trainers