Sheriff's Deputy Sentenced to Jail in DWI Crash | News
BUFFALO, NY-An Erie County Sheriff's' deputy will find out what life is like on the other side of a prison cell after a judge sentenced him to jail in a DWI crash that seriously injured a Tonawanda man.
Erie County Court judge Timothy Franczyk Wednesday sentenced Michael Haug, 29, to a term of 2-6 years following his plea late last year to a charge of first degree vehicular assault.
Haug admitted he was drunk when he struck 37-year-old Daniel Colosimo of Tonawanda last August.
Colosimo was on his motorcycle stopped at a red light at Sheridan and Bailey in Amherst when he was hit.
Haug's blood alcohol level at the time as .25%, more that three times the legal limit.
The accident left Colosimo with a traumatic brain injury.
Upcoming Events near Tonawandas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo’s Economic Resurgence Focus of Mayor’s Daemen Lecture
- Cartagena guilty of other charges in death of daughter
- Quilt Seminar, 5K Run Headline September Events at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Daemen Grant to Establish Fitness Program for Individuals With Disabilities, Educate Trainers
- Daemen Associate Athletic Director Named to 30 Under Thirty