D.O.H. Releases Findings in Tonawanda Air Quality Study | News
TOWN OF TONAWANDA, NY-- A new health study on the air quality in the Town of Tonawanda has been released and the findings are disturbing.
The New York State Department of Health says it found that the total number of cancers elevated among both males and females.
Residents living near the Tonawanda Coke plant have complained about the air quality for years.
You can read the report here.
There will be a public meeting regarding the report on Tuesday, February 26, at 7 p.m., at the Sheridan Parkside Community Center, 169 Sheridan Parkside Drive, Tonawanda.
The State Health Department will make a short presentation, with comments and discussion to follow. Snow date, if needed, will be Thursday, February 28.
Upcoming Events near Tonawandas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- FLAMES ACROSS NIAGARA Bonfire commemorating the burning of Black Rock & Buffalo 200 years ago
- Nichols School students sign letters of intent to play Division I and II sports
- GIFTS OF ART for the HOLIDAYS opening at Artsphere Studio & Gallery
- Senator Mark Grisanti Receives ‘Boys And Girls Town of Italy’ Man Of The Year Award
- Senator Grisanti Named ‘Men Moving Forward’ Award Recipient