D.O.H. Releases Findings in Tonawanda Air Quality Study | News
TOWN OF TONAWANDA, NY-- A new health study on the air quality in the Town of Tonawanda has been released and the findings are disturbing.
The New York State Department of Health says it found that the total number of cancers elevated among both males and females.
Residents living near the Tonawanda Coke plant have complained about the air quality for years.
You can read the report here.
There will be a public meeting regarding the report on Tuesday, February 26, at 7 p.m., at the Sheridan Parkside Community Center, 169 Sheridan Parkside Drive, Tonawanda.
The State Health Department will make a short presentation, with comments and discussion to follow. Snow date, if needed, will be Thursday, February 28.
Top Tonawandas Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Live Music, Theater, Food & Drink Specials This Weekend!!
- Dogs Are Family Too To Celebrate All Things Dog
- The Amherst Police is NOW on Twitter....Follow us!
- Williamsville Teens Start Inspiring Fundraiser
- Erie County Clerk Chris Jacobs encourages residents to make time this Memorial Day to Honor Veterans