D.O.H. Releases Findings in Tonawanda Air Quality Study | News
TOWN OF TONAWANDA, NY-- A new health study on the air quality in the Town of Tonawanda has been released and the findings are disturbing.
The New York State Department of Health says it found that the total number of cancers elevated among both males and females.
Residents living near the Tonawanda Coke plant have complained about the air quality for years.
You can read the report here.
There will be a public meeting regarding the report on Tuesday, February 26, at 7 p.m., at the Sheridan Parkside Community Center, 169 Sheridan Parkside Drive, Tonawanda.
The State Health Department will make a short presentation, with comments and discussion to follow. Snow date, if needed, will be Thursday, February 28.
Upcoming Events near Tonawandas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- The Battle of Scajaquada Creek Bridge Commemoration August 3
- Drums Along the Waterfront to Offer Free Shuttle Bus Service
- Seven Local High Schools to Host Drums Along the Waterfront Corps
- Italian Festival starts Thursday on Hertel Avenue
- The Pasta Peddler, Blackbird Sweets to Occupy Larger Hertel Avenue Location