Tonawanda Police Warn of Craigslist Scam | News
TONAWANDA, NY-- City of Tonawanda Police are warning residents of a Craigslist scam that resulted in a robbery.
Investigators say a man answering a Craigslist ad for an iPhone 5 selling for $400 was attacked and robbed late Sunday evening. When the 23-year-old victim contacted the seller by text message, he was told to meet near the Tonawanda Housing Authority.
Officials say when the victim arrived, he was jumped by two males, while a third male watched. The victim's iPhone 3 was stolen during the attack.
The main suspect is described as a White male, who wore a white hoodie. The other suspects were only described as a Black male and a Hispanic young man.
Police want to remind residents to be aware of these types of scams by taking notice of your surroundings, do not meet sellers in secluded areas and be sure to have the sellers information and have someone with you.
Anyone that witnessed this incident is asked to contact Tonawanda Police at: 716-692-2121 ext. 308.
Upcoming Events near Tonawandas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tickets for 3rd Annual Wine & Beer Fest at Kenan Center On Sale
- Plans to Improve Niagara Falls Unveiled Tonight
- NIAGARA ACADEMY STUDENTS REACH OUT TO AREA VETERANS TO CELEBRATE HOLIDAYS
- Local Pastor Hopes to Share His Inspirational Message Across WNY
- Award-winning Singer Bringing Christmas Show to Nearby London
- FLAMES ACROSS NIAGARA Bonfire commemorating the burning of Black Rock & Buffalo 200 years ago
- Nichols School students sign letters of intent to play Division I and II sports
- GIFTS OF ART for the HOLIDAYS opening at Artsphere Studio & Gallery
- Senator Mark Grisanti Receives ‘Boys And Girls Town of Italy’ Man Of The Year Award
- Senator Grisanti Named ‘Men Moving Forward’ Award Recipient