Tonawanda Police Warn of Craigslist Scam | News
TONAWANDA, NY-- City of Tonawanda Police are warning residents of a Craigslist scam that resulted in a robbery.
Investigators say a man answering a Craigslist ad for an iPhone 5 selling for $400 was attacked and robbed late Sunday evening. When the 23-year-old victim contacted the seller by text message, he was told to meet near the Tonawanda Housing Authority.
Officials say when the victim arrived, he was jumped by two males, while a third male watched. The victim's iPhone 3 was stolen during the attack.
The main suspect is described as a White male, who wore a white hoodie. The other suspects were only described as a Black male and a Hispanic young man.
Police want to remind residents to be aware of these types of scams by taking notice of your surroundings, do not meet sellers in secluded areas and be sure to have the sellers information and have someone with you.
Anyone that witnessed this incident is asked to contact Tonawanda Police at: 716-692-2121 ext. 308.
Upcoming Events near Tonawandas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Deer Rescued from Glen Falls in Williamsville
- Daemen Approved for Advancement in NCAA Membership Process
- Outdoor Entertainment to Continue through August at Seneca Niagara Casino & Hotel
- State firefighters honor Newfane volunteer
- Pilot in Niagara County plane crash dies
- Niagara County Residents Speak Out Against Landfill Expansion
- Legendary Latin Rock Band Santana to Perform at Seneca Niagara Events Center on October 11
- Drums Along the Waterfront to Offer Free Shuttle Bus Service
- Seven Local High Schools to Host Drums Along the Waterfront Corps
- Italian Festival starts Thursday on Hertel Avenue
- The Pasta Peddler, Blackbird Sweets to Occupy Larger Hertel Avenue Location
- Drums Along the Waterfront Tour of Champions Event Announces Venue Change