Good Story Challenge: Honoring Volunteers | News
NORTH TONAWANDA, NY - We are continuing to bring you positive, uplifting stories about Western New York. Today, number 22 in the Daybreak Good Story Challenge, is about the dedication of volunteers here in Western New York.
Several local Meals on Wheels centers, like the one in North Tonawanda, haven't had quite enough volunteers to make the deliveries.
They often rely on elderly volunteers, many of who head south for the winter.
That combined with bouts of the flu have left them in a tight spot. But, as we are known to do in Western New York, the volunteers who can make it in are pulling double or even triple duty to make sure all of those meals make it out to elderly and homebound residents.
"We had one fella who delivered today, he delivered yesterday, today and he'll be delivering friday because we're that short on delivery people right now," says Pam Hill, Head Cook.
And if you're interested in volunteering, you can call Jennifer McMorrow at 822-2002, extension 21- they're always looking for volunteers in the city and around the suburbs.
Upcoming Events near Tonawandas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tickets for 3rd Annual Wine & Beer Fest at Kenan Center On Sale
- Plans to Improve Niagara Falls Unveiled Tonight
- NIAGARA ACADEMY STUDENTS REACH OUT TO AREA VETERANS TO CELEBRATE HOLIDAYS
- Local Pastor Hopes to Share His Inspirational Message Across WNY
- Award-winning Singer Bringing Christmas Show to Nearby London
- FLAMES ACROSS NIAGARA Bonfire commemorating the burning of Black Rock & Buffalo 200 years ago
- Nichols School students sign letters of intent to play Division I and II sports
- GIFTS OF ART for the HOLIDAYS opening at Artsphere Studio & Gallery
- Senator Mark Grisanti Receives ‘Boys And Girls Town of Italy’ Man Of The Year Award
- Senator Grisanti Named ‘Men Moving Forward’ Award Recipient