Car Crashes into Grand Island Federal Credit Union | News
GRAND ISLAND, NY -- 2 On Your Side was at the scene where another vehicle crashed into a building, this time at the Grand Island Federal Credit Union on Grand Island Boulevard.
As you can see from the photo, the vehicle was completely inside the building. The crash happened Thursday morning.
A spokesperson for the Grand Island Fire Department said that a customer of the credit union was pinned between the car and the counter and an employee on the other side of the counter was pinned up against some office equipment by the car.
A total of three people were transported to the hospital with minor injuries.
A notice posted on the credit union's website Thursday says the office will be closed Thursday and Friday, March 7th and 8th, due to the damage that was done to the building. They hope to be up and running by the start of business on Monday.
Upcoming Events near Tonawandas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Deer Rescued from Glen Falls in Williamsville
- Daemen Approved for Advancement in NCAA Membership Process
- Outdoor Entertainment to Continue through August at Seneca Niagara Casino & Hotel
- State firefighters honor Newfane volunteer
- Pilot in Niagara County plane crash dies
- Niagara County Residents Speak Out Against Landfill Expansion
- Legendary Latin Rock Band Santana to Perform at Seneca Niagara Events Center on October 11
- Drums Along the Waterfront to Offer Free Shuttle Bus Service
- Seven Local High Schools to Host Drums Along the Waterfront Corps
- Italian Festival starts Thursday on Hertel Avenue
- The Pasta Peddler, Blackbird Sweets to Occupy Larger Hertel Avenue Location
- Drums Along the Waterfront Tour of Champions Event Announces Venue Change